Holly High School Bands
The Holly Band Program is one of the premier performing groups in the State of Michigan. Comprised of over 350 members between the high school and middle school, the Holly bands are known for performing around the country at high profile national events and achieving consistent superior scores at festivals and competitions. Over the past three years, the bands have performed at Ford Field in Detroit, the Big House of the University of Michigan, Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, and the Tulip Festival Parade in Holland, Michigan. In October of 2014, the band was featured in a half hour documentary on PBS for their performance and preparation of State Band Festival (http://video.wkar.org/video/2365355079/). The Holly Band also performed for the half time show of the 2015 Outback Bowl. This year, the band will be featured in the 2016 National Memorial Day in Washington D.C. and will also be performing at pre game for a Detroit Pistons game this November. Band Directors Ben Baldwin and Brian Smith are very proud of all the band has accomplished this far, and are looking forward to many more successes in the future.
Band Registration will be held Wednesday, April 12th. All band students in marching band and concert/symphonic band must complete mandatory band registration on this night. Please plan to bring some method of payment for this night. Payments can be made for band camp and personal clothing items necessary for the season. Sign-ups for uniform fittings in August as well as student account fundraising will also be available. See you there.
Band Registration Packet
- 21 (Wed) - Instrument sectionals 9:30 – 12:00 p.m
- 28 (Wed). - Instrument sectionals 9:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- 5 (Wed) - No sectionals
- 12 (Wed) - Instrument sectionals 9:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- 19 (Wed) - Instrument sectionals 9:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- 19 (Wed) - Parent meeting at 7:00 p.m.
Home Band Camp
- 24 (Mon)- Pre-band Camp 9:00 a.m.
- 25 (Tues) - 5:00 p.m. - Pre-band Camp 9:00 a.m
- 26 (Wed). - 5:00 p.m. - Pre-band Camp 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 27 (Thur) - Pre-band Camp 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Away Band Camp
July 29 (Sat)- Depart for Camp Lael at 2:00 p.m.
August 4 (Fri) - Return from Camp Lael after parent show (approx. 7:30 p.m.)
- 8 (Tues) - Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 9 (Wed) - Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 15 (Tues) - Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 16 (Wed) - Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 22 (Tues) - Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 23 (Wed) - Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 29 (Tues)- Marching Band Rehearsal 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Rehearsals the week of August 28t h with be based on the Holly teacher professional development schedule. These rehearsals will be confirmed by mid June.
In order to participate in the 2017 Holly Marching Band, you must attend all required rehearsals. If you are going to miss any rehearsals due to summer commitments, please let Mr. Baldwin know two weeks in advance.