Any individual who tests positive for COVID-19 and displays COVID-19 symptoms
- Isolate at home for the first 5 days (starting with the day after symptoms began or day after test was taken for those without symptoms);
- If symptoms have improved or no symptoms developed, return to normal activities, while wearing a well-fitting mask, for the next 5 days to protect others.
Close contact exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Monitor symptoms for 10 days;
- Test 5 days after exposure and if symptoms develop;
- Wear a high-quality mask for 10 days from the date of last exposure to protect others (home quarantine is an alternative for those who are unable or unwilling to mask);
- Avoid unmasked activities or activities with higher risk of exposing vulnerable individuals for 10 days from the date of last exposure.
For further information, please visit the CDC website or follow-up with your physician for their recommendation.