HHS Class of 2023
Welcome to the Class of 2023 general information page. Below you will find information on scheduled end-of-year Senior activities. If you have any questions, please call the high school's main office at 248.328.3200
Senior Timeline of Events
Holly High School 2023 Senior Timeline
- College Visits (Listed on Building Website)
- Complete your EDP on Xello - we will begin these during College Week (see below)
Oct. 1st - FAFSA Application Opens
Oct. 13th - Common Application Workshop (During Advisory, Seniors received an email to sign up)
Oct. 13th - AP Exam Registration (4th Period)
Oct. 20th - Jostens presentation (During Advisory)
Oct. 21st - Senior Photos Due (Yearbook Headshots)
Oct. 24-28th - College Week
- Senior Meeting to cover the following topics
- NCAA Eligibility
- Letter of Recommendation Request form
- College Checklist / Financial Aid Information
Oct. 26th @5-6:30 pm - College and FAFSA Night
5 – 6 PM: Many local colleges will be set up in the building with information and handouts about their program.
6 – 6:30 PM: Stephanie Knox from the University of Michigan Flint will be presenting information on how to properly fill out your FAFSA.
6:30 – 7:30 PM: We will have Chromebooks for parents to sit down and begin filling out their FAFSA. There will be counseling staff on site to assist as needed.
Here is a message from Ms. Knox: If you are hosting a hands-on session after the presentation –
1. One parent and the student should complete the online application for an FSA ID at: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
2. Families should bring the following documents:
– Parent(s) – FSA ID, 2021 W2, 2021 Federal Income Tax return, Both parent's social security numbers
– Student – FSA ID, 2021 W2, 2021 Federal Income Tax Return (if filed)
Oct. 27th - Jostens onsite during lunches to collect Cap and Gown Orders
Oct. 28th - AP Exam Fees Due
- December - All Cap & Gown orders are due! (Prior to Winter Recess)
- February TBD - Local Scholarship Presentation for Senior Class
- March TBD - Student Graduation Presentation
- March TBD - Career Week
- March TBD - Professional Trades Open House
- March TBD - Local Scholarships are due (End of the Month)
- May 1st - Decision Day
- May 1st - 12th - AP Exams
- May 5th - Prom (Venue 111, Holly, MI)
- May 17th - Senior Last Day
- May TBD - Senior Local Scholarship Assembly
- May 31st - Graduation Rehearsal (mandatory)
- June 2nd - Graduation, O’Rena @ Oakland University
- July 31st - Final Transcript Requests through Parchment Due
**For anyone interested in taking an additional SAT test. Please visit www.collegeboard.com, we will count SAT scores taken through April 1, 2023 for Senior Scholars calculations**
Spring Awards Ceremony
The Spring Awards Ceremony will take place in May (Date TBA) beginning at 8:30 AM.
Seniors are recognized for earning local and college scholarships and other community-based awards.
Those scheduled to attend the academic awards will be notified in late March (2023). Seniors award winners and scholarship receipts will receive invitations in mid to late April.
A complete event schedule will be posted and shared with families in late April.
Last Day of School / Senior Exams / Exemption
The last day for seniors to attend their regularly scheduled classes is Wednesday, May 17th.
Seniors taking end-of-course exams will report to the Learning Loft at the start of the school day on Thursday, May 18th.
All online GenNet or STRIDE classes must be completed and submitted by the end of the day on Thursday, May 18th.
Seniors eligible for exam exemptions must meet ALL the following criteria:
- 2 unexcused absences or fewer
- 2 tardies or fewer
- Must have a B- (80%) or better in the course
- Parents must sign off on the exemption (even if you are 18 years old)
- Exemption form must be submitted on time, no late forms will be accepted
Exemption forms will be delivered to first-hour classrooms on May 8th. They must be turned into the office no later than Friday, May 12th. Even though an exemption form is turned in, final attendance will still be tabulated through May 17th. If an absence removes a student's exam exemption, the student will be notified and must take the scheduled exam.
Commencement Rehearsal is a required attendance event. Students are expected to clear their schedules to accommodate this requirement (work, appointments, vacation, etc.).
Rehearsal will take place on Wednesday, May 31st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the auditorium. We will complete the following activities during rehearsal:
- Graduation rehearsal (entry and exit procedures for the O'Rena)
- Review arrival times and procedures for June 2nd
- Cap and Gown pickup (including cords, stoles, etc.)
- Graduation Tickets
- Students will receive their CA-60 (report cards, student records, etc.)
Commencement Ticket Information
Below you will find two links for ticket allocations.
The first link is a spreadsheet that will display the current student allocation of tickets.
**Please note, any student on this list is NOT officially confirmed for graduation.**
Any student who has decided not to walk or those who we know will graduate over the summer have been removed from this list. To ensure privacy, there are no student names on this list, only ID numbers. Please check this list prior to placing an additional ticket request.
The second link is the actual ticket request form. Please make sure you accurately answer all questions on the form.
Class of 2023 Commencement Information
The Class of 2023 Commencement Ceremony will be held at Oakland University's O'Rena on Friday, June 2nd. The program begins at 7:00 PM and typically lasts about 90 minutes.
There is ample parking at the university, providing a short walk to the venue. Doors will not open until 6:30 PM. Guests MUST have a ticket to get into the event. Tickets will be provided to graduates during cap and gown pickup on May 31st.
Commencement Directions / Information / Photography
Directions to Oakland University:
From Holly High School -
Take East Holly Road to I-75 southbound. Once on I-75 south, travel 19 miles and take exit 79 onto University Drive toward Rochester. Take University drive 1.5 miles and enter the main campus.
Please take the second exit in the roundabout...
Take the 2nd exit in the roundabout to head north on Meadowbrook Road. Take that around the outside of the main campus until you come to Ravine Drive. Take a right onto Ravine Drive. Take Ravine Drive until the road comes to an end. Take a right on Pioneer Drive, then go 0.5 miles to find Parking Lot 26 on your right and Parking Lot 29 on your left.
Parking at the O'rena:
Please use the following link for Maps and Directions as provided on the Oakland University website.
You can also use the following information for parking when you arrive at the university.
For students and guests, please use parking lots P26 and P29.
Handicapped parking is available in lot P16 (colored in blue).
Senior All Night Party
Who: Graduated Seniors from the Class of 2023
When: 9:30 PM - 4:00 AM
Where: Holly High School Commons