Is Virtual Learning Right for You?
Is BVS a good fit for your student?
- Can your student maintain a schedule without face-to-face interaction with a teacher?
- Is your student comfortable asking for help from a teacher using email, text messaging, or through an online meeting?
- Can your student complete assignments without direct supervision?
- Does your student have a love of learning and a desire to accomplish goals?
- Does your student have basic reading, math, and computer skills to succeed in independent online learning?
- Does your student feel comfortable and is quick to learn how to use new technology?
Is EXCEL Alternative a good fit?
- Is the student off-track for graduating on time?
- Does the student need to recover more than 3 credits?
- Is the student performing poorly in the traditional high school setting?
- Are there medical, social, or emotional concerns that have made traditional high school requirements and schedules difficult to navigate?
- Is there motivation to earn a high school diploma ?